The Ideal Solution for International Payments.
With Pulse Credit Union and Western Union Business Solutions, you’ve got convenient access to affordable and reliable international payment solutions at any time. These international payment facilities have been enhanced and extended to become available to you directly on-line in addition to our existing in-branch services.
Use Pulse Online Internet Banking to send money overseas anytime, from anywhere
Our new Pulse Online Internet banking feature allows you to make international Telegraphic Transfers (TT or Wire transfer) using your PC or laptop. An easy and affordable way to send money to more than 200 countries and territories in more than 40 different currencies. You’ll also benefit from real-time exchange rates and the certainty of having a rate locked in for your transaction.
How does it work?
Simply login to Pulse Online Banking, and select Telegraphic Transfers. Country specific information and help text will guide you through your transfer from start to finish. The payment will usually be received within two business days.
Why should I use a TT?
- In most cases, a TT is the quickest way to send funds abroad (a TT will normally take two to three business days to reach the beneficiary)
- Sending a TT in the beneficiary’s currency is usually more cost effective and helps ensure the funds are credited more quickly, as the payment can go “straight through
What details do I need to send a TT?
You will need to provide:
- full details of the beneficiary’s bank account, including their IBAN (International Bank Account Number) if they are in Europe
- To comply with Australian Government regulations you must also provide the beneficiary’s full street address
- you must enter full street addresses (PO Box addresses are not acceptable)
- payments to all European, and certain other, countries require an International Bank Account Number (“IBAN”) – this may be obtained from the beneficiary
- no symbols can be used in the beneficiary name (e.g. “&”, “/” etc)
- we are unable to send funds to certain countries – for a list of countries please contact Pulse Credit union
- Please note that TT’s are sent via a network of correspondent banks, which sometimes levy a small handling charge on your payment. Any such fees are totally out of Pulse Credit Union and Western Union Business Solutions’ control. Given that a network of banks is used to complete your telegraphic transfer, the time it takes for your payment to be credited cannot be guaranteed
Did you know?
Sending AUD overseas can create additional costs for your recipient
By sending a TT in the beneficiary’s currency you generally receive greater certainty on your payment – you can effectively “lock-in” the exchange rate, and know exactly how much is being transferred.
When you make a transaction in AUD you may not know what a foreign bank will charge and what foreign exchange rate they will apply, and hence it may be difficult to find out how much will be credited to the beneficiary’s account.
We generally only suggest sending funds in Australian Dollars if the beneficiary holds an AUD account with the overseas bank; in all other cases, we suggest funds should be sent in the beneficiary’s (i.e. payee’s) currency.
* Please note that Telegraphic Transfers are sent via a network of correspondent banks, which sometimes levy a small handling charge on your payment. Any such fees, and payment delays, are out of our control.
© 2018 Western Union Holdings Inc. All rights reserved. Western Union Business Solutions is a business unit of the Western Union Company. In Australia, your Financial Institution has appointed Western Union Business Solutions (Australia) Pty Ltd (ACN 150 129 749; AFSL 404092) (“WUBS”) to assist it in fulfilling certain foreign exchange and payment services. These services are provided to you by your Financial Institution. Fees and charges may apply, please refer to the terms and conditions issued by your Financial Institution. Any advice provided by your Financial Institution is general in nature and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. WUBS does not give you any advice, general, personal or otherwise. This communication has been prepared solely for informational purposes and does not in any way create binding obligations. No representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, express or implied, are made in this communication.