International Students

Are you an overseas student undertaking courses in an Australian university like THE UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE OR La Trobe University?

To make this experience easier for you, Pulse Credit Union can open a banking account before you even arrive in Australia. That means when you get here, all you need to do is show us your identification. Australian laws require us to see acceptable identification, so make sure you bring your passport.

PDF icon Membership
Application Form

222 kb PDF Document

Use our Inward Electronic (Telegraphic Transfer) Transfer Service to arrange for your funds to be transferred into your account ready to use when you arrive.

Pulse Credit Union has convenient branches at The University of Melbourne, the Bundoora, Bendigo and Albury-Wodonga campus of La Trobe University to make it easy for you to receive and withdrawal your funds while you study.

Like you, we work in closely with The University of Melbourne and La Trobe University’s International Programs Offices to help visiting students open accounts prior to arrival.

How to arrange an international account from overseas:
The membership form can be found at the top of the page
Please provide an Australian residential address as well as your ‘home’ address. If you don’t have that now, we can include it when you come in to our branch.
On the third page tick the boxes to open the Access Account and the student concession to apply. We advise that you tick the facilities you need as Pulse Online Internet Banking and Redicard EFTPOS card.
Scanning and emailing to or
Faxing to +61 3 9348 1475
Once your application form is received, we will send you an email confirming your account details so you can start to transfer funds straight away.
Come in to one of our branches to show us your identification
Now your account is ready to use!! It is as easy at that.